Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

How to connect published Visual C# solution to a different database.

Programmer Question

So here's the what's up. I just created and "published" a staff management tool in Visual C#. During development, I used a string saved in Properties.Settings.Default to connect to the database I was using for development. Now since the solution is published and ready to go, the boss wants to connect to the real staff database. I was under the impression that connection to the new database would be as simple as changing the connection string in some properties file somewhere. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the proper file/string to connect to the database I want to. Any ideas?



Thanks!
JB



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails