Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How to render a standalone Unicode character (Arabic) as it would look if it was being rendered within a word?

Programmer Question

In written Arabic, characters look differently depending on where they stand in a word. For example, the letter ta might look like this: ??? inside a word but look like this: ? if it stands by itself. I have an Arabic word that looks like this:



string word = ???????? ;


When I render word as a whole word it renders correctly. Now, I want to parse the string and print out each letter in the word one at a time. However, if I do this:



foreach(char c in word.ToCharArray())
{
Debug.Print(c.ToString());
}


The char c doesn't print out the original representation of the letter as it was rendered in the context of a word, instead it prints out the same Arabic letter as if it were rendered by itself. How can I parse my string of Arabic text so that the letters returned look the same as when they were displayed in the context of a whole word?



I'm trying to do this in c#.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails