Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

What's the best book to learn programming on Android?

Programmer Question

When I was in college about 20 years ago I used to program a lot (Basic, Pascal, COBOL, Fortran). I dabbled a little bit in VisualBASIC about five years go, but it was really a hack. Now, I really have a burning desire to write some applications for my Android phone, but I really don't know anything about all the new programming technologies (OOP etc). I'm looking for a good book that will teach me modern programming using Java and the Android platform. I've seen good books on learning Java 6 and some good books on programming Android (but they all seem to assume you know Java or C), but nothing that seems to combine the two. I'd really like to learn Java right on the Android platform to begin with if possible. I know there are a lot of resources available online but unfortunately much of the time that I will spend on this endeavor is when I won't have internet access so a good book would go a long way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Find the answer here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails