Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Android USB driver for Xperia X10a

Programmer Question

I've been trying for a couple hours now, and have hit all of the sites Google found, but i cannot get the Android USB driver on my XP box to talk to my new Xperia X10a. I found the lines that some kind soul posted, and has been syndicated repeated, but they don't work for me. The idea is to add them to the Google.NTx86 and Google.NTamd64 sections of the android_winusb.inf file:



;Xperia X10
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0FCE&PID_E12E
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0FCE&PID_E12E&MI_01


I tried a number of variations of the first line, including "Sony Ericsson X10a", which is what XP shows me in both the "found new hardware" wizard and the device manager, but no luck. The result is always the same. Here are my steps:




  1. Plug in the phone via USB

  2. "found new hardware wizard" appears

  3. Choose "No, not this time" and "next"

  4. Choose "Install from a list or specific location..." and "next"

  5. Choose "Search for best driver...", check "Include this location...", and browse for the "usb_driver" folder in the Android SDK installation. Click "next"



It does a quick search and then says "Cannot install this hardware", "... because the wizard cannot find the necessary software".



I've tried more things that i can recall now, including deleting registry entries, but it just won't work. Any help would be appreciated at this point.



Regards,
m@



Find the answer here

1 comment:

  1. You have the right idea, however you'll need to use the ID for the Xperia x10 currently connected to your computer. (For me this was PID_212E).

    To find out what the ID should be for you:
    - My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager
    - Find the Xperia device (with the broken yellow question mark icon)
    - Right click and select Properties
    - Click the Details tab
    - Ensure that the selected property is 'Device Instance Id'

    tony
    www.tunzafunapps.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails